Send Us An Email
Project Finance Officer
|Title of Post||Project Finance Officer|
|Responsible To||Chief Executive Officer|
|Accountable To||Chairman, GNCoP|
Provide executive leadership and leading-edge strategic direction to enable the Ghana National Chamber of Pharmacy to adopt an innovative source of funding and effective and efficient utilization of resources.
Overview of Role
Responsibilities include directing and managing finances, operations, human resources and administration to support the GNCoP’s for short- and long-term strategic goals.
Objectives of the Directorate
- The receipt, custody, and the judicious disbursement of funds
- To support GNCoP with the appropriate skills for accounting and financial transactions consistent with national and international norms of accounting and financial management
- To keep accurate financial management and accounting information in acceptable formats for audit and decision-making purposes
- To ensure that Financial Records and Reports are prepared accurately and timely.
- Work in conjunction with Donors/Partners for preparation of budget estimates and reporting;
- To provide Financial Management Information to the Ghana National Chamber of Pharmacy, the donor community, and other external agencies;
- To provide effective cost management systems and ensure the proper control and of assets held by the Ghana National Chamber of Pharmacy;
- Ensure compliance to financial, procurement, and HR management policies, systems, and controls to safeguard assets of GNCoP,
- Assure the integrity, completeness, and timeliness of financial data from all units;
Educational Qualification and Experience
- Must have a bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Commerce, Accounting, Finance or Economics.
- Must be a Member of a recognized Professional Accounting body such as CIMA, AICPA, ICAG, ACCA, or CPA.
- Master of Business Administration is highly desirable.
- Must have at least ten (10) years’ experience in the field of Finance, Accounting, Administration and Human Resource; Five (5) of which must involve managing teams with demonstrated excellence in the workplace.
- Must display a cohesive ability in interpersonal and communication skills, both verbally and written.
- Must be able to engage with staff at all levels of the Company and exercise sound judgment.
- Must have working knowledge in Health Insurance with specific emphasis on Private Health Insurance.
- Must have knowledge and understanding of the management of donor funds.
- Must have experience in partner support and programme monitoring
- Must be able to conduct partner due diligence and compliance and prepare reports.
- Must always be abreast of the local and international financial regulations including the regulatory requirements of the Institute of Chartered Accountants Ghana, International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS), and International Accounting Standards (IAS).
- Must have a working knowledge of modern principles and practices of Business Administration and Human Resource Management.
- Must avail him/herself for continuous professional development.
- Honesty, trustworthy and high integrity.
- Strategic minded with the ability to understand all aspects of the business.
- Inquisitive and Proactive.
- Analytical and attention to details.
- Collaborative, team-oriented.
- Effectively coach and mentor others.
- Decision-making ability.
Communication and Working Relationships (Internal and External).
- Must have good communication and working relations with all Top Management and Associates at all times.
- Must have good communication and relations with
- Must have good communication and relations with regulatory and statutory Institutions such as the Social Security and National Insurance Trust, Ghana Revenue Authority, etc.
Assets under the control of the Director of Finance and Administration are:
- All Property, Plant, and Equipment
- All Leasehold Properties
- Long term and short-term Investments
- Current Assets including Stationery and Office Supplies, Bank Deposits, and other Cash and Cash Equivalents.
Submission of Application
Interested individuals should submit an application letter accompanied by a resume or CV to the Chief Executive Officer at the Ghana National Chamber of Pharmacy Secretariat by 12.00 pm on 17th of December 2020 or through firstname.lastname@example.org